46 is already behind me and now I am 47; newly 47. Today is my birthday.
46 was a good year. I moved into a new house. I worked hard. I visited Paris, Sicily and Rome (more on that in future posts). I cemented existing friendships and let others fade away. It happens. That’s life.
What did I learn? I don’t think I acquired any new skills – sad to say – but I was constantly reminded of several things:
- Take nothing for granted.
- The battle is never won.
- Buyer beware!
- Be nice but never obsequious.
- Work hard but take time out to de-stress.
- Smell the roses.
I have also learned, or perhaps re-learned, that when you can’t get your own way, a little reverse psychology can work wonders 🙂
Things I should do while I’m busy being 47:
- Work, but not harder, just do things differently and always explore ways of doing things better.
- Move more in order to fight off incipient decreptitude.
- Eat more greens.
- Drink more water.
- Go to the hairdresser regularly and experiment with growing out my artificial colour and letting myself go grey.
- Write in my diary regularly.
- Discover new music.
- Take care of my garden and outsmart that neighbourhood cat that keeps pooping in the stones around our shrubbery.
- Read more.
- Be less judgemental.
- Learn some Spanish.
I think that should keep me pretty busy.